Black Belt Schools International does rank testing for members each year. The purpose is to give independent school owners a legitimate avenue for rank advancement and promotion.
Testing December 2019
Boca Raton Florida
Please review the requirements to see if you qualify for testing. These include a panel of Black Belt Schools International Board of Directors.
This years board includes:
Steve Baxley: MMA practitioner with a background in Shotokan, Boxing and Muay Thai
Diego Perez: Tae Kwon Do 8th degree black belt
Steve DelCastillio: representing Krav Maga
Greg Silva: President of BBSI and Grand Master
Apply for rank testing
The Current Testing Board Includes:
Rank Testing Pre-Qualifications
- 2nd degree: Two years continuous training after receiving black belt and required testing curriculum
- 3rd degree: Three years continuous training after receiving 2nd degree black belt and required testing curriculum. Letter of recommendation from one or your 1st degree black belts.
- 4th degree: Fours years continuous trying after receiving your third degree black belt and required testing curriculum. Letter of recommendation from a second degree active student you promoted and 4 letters of recommendations from active first degree black belts.
- 5th degree: 5 years continuous training after receiving your fourth degree black belt and required physical testing. Letter of recommendation from a third degree black belt you promoted, a recommendation from a second degree black belt and first degree black belt.
- 6th degree through 10th degree black belt: A minimum of 5 years between ranks. Letters of recommendations from a Black Belt International Instructors of higher or equal rank. 3 letters of recommendation from students of third degree and above.
- 8th degree - 50 years and older
- 9th degree - 60 years and older