Black Belt Schools International does rank testing for members each year. The purpose is to give independent school owners a legitimate avenue for rank advancement and promotion.
2019 Rank Testing
Instructor Rank Testing for third degree and up. Judges include Bill Superfoot Wallance, Grand Master Diego Perez and Grand Master Greg Silva. Click on Rank Testing for qualifications.
Please review the requirements (scroll down) to see if you qualify for testing. These include a panel of Black Belt Schools International Board of Directors.
This years board includes:
Steve Baxley: MMA practitioner with a background in Shotokan, Boxing and Muay Thai
Diego Perez: Tae Kwon Do 8th degree black belt
Steve DelCastillio: representing Krav Maga
Greg Silva: President of BBSI and Grand Master
Apply for rank testing
The Current Testing Board Includes:
Rank Testing Pre-Qualifications
- 2nd degree: Two years continuous training after receiving black belt and required testing curriculum
- 3rd degree: Three years continuous training after receiving 2nd degree black belt and required testing curriculum. Letter of recommendation from one or your 1st degree black belts.
- 4th degree: Fours years continuous trying after receiving your third degree black belt and required testing curriculum. Letter of recommendation from a second degree active student you promoted and 4 letters of recommendations from active first degree black belts.
- 5th degree: 5 years continuous training after receiving your fourth degree black belt and required physical testing. Letter of recommendation from a third degree black belt you promoted, a recommendation from a second degree black belt and first degree black belt.
- 6th degree through 10th degree black belt: A minimum of 5 years between ranks. Letters of recommendations from a Black Belt International Instructors of higher or equal rank. 3 letters of recommendation from students of third degree and above.
- 8th degree - 50 years and older
- 9th degree - 60 years and older